Monday, August 25, 2008

A Trip to the Zoo! NOT!

Well, the plan for today was to take Brantley and her best bud Megan to the Montgomery Zoo. When I checked the weather last night it looked like it might be a little wet but we were okay with that. What three year old doesn't like to get rained on? Here we are all ready to go:

I called my Mimi in Montgomery just as we were leaving town and she was huddled in her bathroom while the tornado sirens were going full blast. Hmmmm, maybe not the best day for the zoo. So , what does one do with two little girls in the backseat counting on the zoo? Well, first you explain that the weather is really bad at the zoo and animals need to stay in their houses today. Then you take them to Target to look at toys. When we came out of the store this is what we saw:


Ooooh, ahhh. "Okay girls, let's get in the car!" As we were leaving the parking lot the sky opened up and I could hardly see where I was going. A couple of slow miles down the road and we were ahead of it. As we passed the Publix by our house I decided that today would be a great day for Subway. The girls had lunches packed and since I didn't need to fix them anything I decided to stop real quick to get myself a sandwich. I knew that storm was behind me and closing in but there was no one else in line and I was sure we could make it back to the car in time. Rrrrrrrrrrrright! Here are the girls in the garage after a mad dash to the car and our short drive home. In case you can't tell from the picture they are soaked! I was too but it sure was fun!


After a change of clothes it was time for a picnic in the living room. That's a real treat around here because normally food does not leave the kitchen, thank you very much! Nothing like a peanut butter sandwich and a Barbie movie on a rainy day.


The best friends are the ones you have a good time with no matter what you end up doing!
Watch for Friday's post which will be full of pictures from the ZOO!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

She did have a great time. A picnic in the living room is definitely a treat!!!