Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Coincidence? I think NOT!

So, I was running this morning (because I do that now!) and I realized something about the music I listen to. When my training podcast is over I usually switch to my own music for my cool down walk. I've learned over time that the crooners (Michael, Harry...) are not good for post workout listening. I'm still too pumped up and excited to want my "chill out" music. I find myself at that time listening to Rob Thomas, Chris Daughtry. Three Doors Down. I LOVE these guys/bands! I realized that they all have something in common. They have slightly rougher sounding voices, very emotional but they hide it as much as possible (brooding) and they are muscular with shaved heads.

Hmmm...................

5 comments:

Gary and Shelice Murphy said...

oh, you make me smile. love it!
Shelice (just so no one makes the mistake of thinking it was Gary talking ;)

Lisa said...

Too funny, Kim. Running... I'm impressed. Not a runner but I do love a good walk with an ipod full of good music. When does that ever happen though?

Me said...

HOW CUTE!!!! AAAWWW!!

Lisa said...

Trying to imagine my dear brother-in-law wearing guy-liner (ala Daughtry). Not sure it's working for me ;)

Nanabee said...

I thought, "That's great! I love it. I wonder if it would work for me." I like Paul Simon and Billy Joel: short, dark, northeastern, kind of snotty in person... no, that doesn't work. Jimmy Buffett: laid back, fun, with a sentimental side and from Alabama. Hey, it does work!

(Note: I changed my user name because Sadie said the other one was wierd.)