Friday, August 15, 2008

2 MILES!!!!!!!!!!

That's right! I said two miles! So I ran tonight. End of week 6 of my 9 week program. I was to run 25 minutes and since I have only been running for time and not measuring distance I had no idea how far that might be. So, I ran at Cooper Creek park and actually used the measured trail this time instead of the road. I have a slow mile right now, about 12.5 minutes but I'll tell you what, I ran two of those 12.5 minute miles right in a row without stopping! Yeah baby! Oh, and I'm up two pounds! But right now I really don't much care! Oh yeah, I'm a runner!

Update on the mass desertion:
Okay, so Brantley is not sad so much anymore as she is Bored with a capital B. And you know what happens when a three year old is bored.............T-R-O-U-B-L-E! She has been right behind me all week and getting louder by the minute. She wants my attention which is fine but she wants it all the time and she wants it right NOW! Don't get me wrong, I love that little stinker. She is a beautiful, intelligent, kind and loving child. She is a joy to be with and we love to hang out together. However, sometimes enough is enough. Today I told her we were having a quiet day. I was in the middle of a good book which I intended to finish this morning so I got her in the bed with me and she read while I read and then she would leave for a few minutes to do something in her room and then she would come back. The rule was that if she was in the bed with me she was quiet and still and reading. It worked out pretty well I think and we were both ready to go to the mall and run a couple of errands after I finished my book at noon. And, tomorrow is Saturday! She will have plenty of people to entertain her while I go to breakfast with my mom for some adult conversation.

2 comments:

Evans Family said...

Way to go Kim!!! That's awesome! I'm glad to hear that the program works if you actually do it. I
still haven't started it. I'll have to get on that soon. Anyway, that's a great accomplishment!!

Me said...

Kudos on the 2 miles Kim!!!! Way to go Kim!
Poor Brantley! It is hard! I love the quiet day! We were doing "Quiet Hour" after lunch weekdays when Gary decided not to do naps. Love quiet times! Craze quiet times!