Sunday, February 7, 2010

Girl Time

I love Teri and Sue.  My best girlies from high school.  I have Facebook to thank for bringing them back to me during a time in my life that I really needed them.  And even better, they needed me too!  It’s been a rough year for all of us and I think the fact that we have been out of each other’s lives for so long made it easier somehow to open up and be supportive in a way that those who have been with us more recently are not able.  It also helps that we have always been brutally honest with one another.  If you don’t have friends like that, get some!  Last weekend we stayed in a cabin at Callaway Gardens in the rain and just enjoyed being together.  We talked about the hard things but we also laughed and ate and walked and laughed some more.  It’s been almost 20 years since we last had that opportunity and it was just as easy and natural last week as it was then.  Thanks Sue and Teri for being there for me right now.  Sue, I loved your mom so much.  She always let us hang out and watch questionable movies, and fed us, and just loved us.  I know you must miss her terribly but you handle it with such grace.  Teri,  you are such a good mom.  You do not deserve what is happening to you but your faith that God has a plan for you and that you will come through this stronger and better is so inspiring.  I hope I grow up to be like both of you someday.  Here are some photos of our time at Callaway. 

Because it was raining the bird show was inside, and because that red-shouldered hawk can exert 165 pounds of pressure with each claw I did not use a flash.  Sue me!

 IMG_6530_edited-1

We drove over to the chapel which was beautiful in the mist. 

IMG_6562_edited-1

Sue and I enjoyed taking pictures of the stained glass while Teri very patiently waited.

     IMG_6535_edited-1IMG_6547_edited-1 copy IMG_6538_edited-1IMG_6543_edited-1 IMG_6542_edited-1 

I love this picture of Sue and Teri.  They look the same as they did in school 20 years ago!  I’m very serious about that.  It’s so not fair!

IMG_6577 copy

See, here’s proof:

2 comments:

The Crew said...

they really do look the same!! With fashionable improvements of course.

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

When I read this I thought of sisterhood of the traveling pants and another movie with Demi Moore (I cannot remember the movie, but high school friends all reunite after tragedy in their lives) and the First Wives Club. Such good chick flicks! I sure love you and I am so glad you were able to get away for some good quality friend time. There is nothing like reuniting with friends you grew up with because they are the ones we can open to the most!