Saturday, February 20, 2010

P’sOTD

I know some days it will be hard to come up with even one picture so I will rejoice in the days that I cannot narrow it down to just one.  I should preface all following POTD posts by saying that I shoot almost exclusively in aperture priority.  I am comfortable in full manual but I find that aperture priority almost always works for me.

Today Kendall and I spent the afternoon in Warm Springs Georgia.  It is one of our favorite places to spend a beautiful spring-like day.  Our girls were out gallivanting with their very kind grandparents all day so we enjoyed a nice southern lunch at the Bulloch House and then took a stroll down Main Street.  This POTD is an adventure in speed.  Kendall was the first to notice the bees buzzing in the tree overhead.  I loved the new blooms as well. 

IMG_7057_edited-1f9.0, 1/125, ISO 100 50mm

The focus was on the bee.  In hindsight I would like to have had the branches in front a little more focused as well but I would have lost the ability to freeze the bee’s wings.  Since bees don’t pose for very long at a time it’s hard to think these things through!  Had I known I would be taking bee portraits I would have used my zoom.  Here is a close-up of Mr. Bee.  I’d guess I was 5 feet away.

IMG_7057crop_edited-1    

 

I also wanted to capture the charm of Warm Springs so I’m adding this picture of the lace curtains in the window of the Victorian Tea Room.  Very typical of the shops on Main Street.  I love that you can see the other side of the street in the reflection of the window.

IMG_7070_edited-1  f7.1, 1/50, ISO 100,  50mm

 

And just one more…

IMG_7056_edited-1 f9.0, 1/320, ISO 100, 50mm---vintage action

I have to agree!

No comments: