Thursday, January 28, 2010

Brantley Turns 5. *and* The Prodigal Camera Returns.

I guess I should say “Brantley turned 5”.  Since my camera has been at the doctor I have not been able to upload my pictures from this month.  Sad, I know.   But as of a very friendly delivery from the FedEx gal about an hour ago, we are back in business!  Yippee!!

So, on to the big event:

Brantley’s favorite color is and always has been Purple.  So in honor of her birthday on January 7th, the rest of this post will be typed in purple.  We had a very last minute get together a couple of days before we left for Utah.  I was very pleased and thankful that her little friends (and their mommies) came through and made it a great celebration.  Here’s the whole crowd:

birthday6

Some of the party highlights included pizza and games and:

A cookie as big as her head

birthday5 birthday

Dad in a pink tiara

birthday4

The Hedges :)  I’m pretty sure they have fun wherever they go!

birthday3

Really great gifts from everyone.  Thanks y’all!  Here are just a few:

Kittens

birthday8

Purple Tea Set

birthay7

And what is this from Grandma?

 birthday1

I’ve never seen a kid so in love with fruit!  It’s like candy to her.  I actually find myself saying “Brantley, put that apple away!  You’ve had enough fruit today.”  Weird.

So, a little about Brantley at 5 years old.  She is bored for one thing. She would love to be at school with her sisters and does not think that I am very much fun.  We do manage to get along really well though when I’m not doing “boring mom work and cleaning and stuff”.  She loves to go to Grandma’s house and Nana’s house and I am so happy to have them so close so that she can have such a good relationship with both of them.  She loves animals, even her naughty dogs.  She talks and sings and moves all day long.  Even when watching a movie she is moving around and in and out of the room.  Brantley is the best little helper I have ever had.  She likes to unload the dishwasher, vacuum, and make her bed.  She never asks or waits to be asked, she just does.  She wants to be everyone’s best friend and is a very good friend to all.  She is tall and beautiful and has an infectious smile.  She is caring and sweet and I love her.  And right now she is asking if it is snack time, which it is, so see you later!

1 comment:

The Crew said...

I got my lens back yesterday and it still doesn't work!!! I have to send it back in AGAIN!! So this time I am sending the whole thing to make sure it works...:( I think I need a back up camera.