Thursday, February 25, 2010

Dress-Up

Today Brantley and I are pretending that it is Springtime.  I was set up for  a newborn shoot in my “kitchen studio” but baby decided she didn’t want to have her picture taken today.  It happens.  So, with the pretty baby girl colors all ready to go we decided to put on Brantley’s Easter dress and snap a few.  I was very clever about it being all Brantley’s idea. (wink, wink)  Otherwise she runs the other way when the camera comes out. 

I love actions but I have not applied any to these yet.  I’d love feedback on the color and white balance as they are out of the camera.

So Sweet!

IMG_7096  IMG_7107

IMG_7125

Uh-Oh…

This next one’s my favorite but you can see it coming can’t you.

IMG_7118

Yep, there’s the look.

IMG_7113

And here’s the bribe: 

Three more clicks gets three jellybeans!

IMG_7133

And three more clicks is all you get! 

Absolutely DONE!

 IMG_7114

Thanks Brantley!  That was fun.  We haven’t done that in a while.

I know it’s not your favorite, but you are sweet to help me.

Love you, Mom.

2 comments:

The Starbuck Family said...

Little girl photo shoots are so much fun! I love the one that is your favorite too. Her hands are making a little heart shape-so sweet. Your color look pretty good. Did you shoot these RAW? Did you custom white balance or choose a setting on the camera or tweak in RAW? All good options just curious. Next time, you may want to move her away from the background at least 3-4 feet. I know small spaces may not work for that, but it will give you a nice creamy colored background and the background color will stay more consistent and not pick up her shadows.Great job! Makes me excited for spring too!

Kim Ence said...

I do shoot in RAW. I usually have my WB setting on "daylight", no matter what. It almost always works, but if not I tweak it in RAW. Yeah, the background. I wasn't paying attention like I should. I was just so happy she was sitting still! In PSE I will go back and clone the background to even out the color and get rid of some of the shadows. Then I'll play with some actions! Thanks for your input! I always LOVE it.