Sunday, January 17, 2010

Home.

So it turns out I love to be home.  I like to travel, don’t get me wrong, but I also like to not travel.  This last trip to Utah turned into a long week for me.  We got an opportunity to take Sierra to the best orthopedic surgeon in the state who also happens to be a friend of Kendall’s dad.  He is very busy and usually books appointments months in advance but when Kendall’s dad called him about Sierra and asked if he could talk to her about her joint pain he said “sure, bring her to Orem on Monday morning and I’ll see her”.  Awesome, except that we are supposed to be on a plane on Monday morning.  So, we changed my ticket to Thursday just in case there was anything else he needed us to do for Sierra in the next couple of days.   It was a great appointment and Sierra loved him.  It was the first time she felt like someone was really listening to her and that in itself is very important.  She has a very common joint problem that affect teenage girls and needs some physical therapy.  She will be going three days/week for a month.  I took her back to Solstice on Monday afternoon and since there was nothing else that needed to be done I was looking at three days by myself!  Wow, I’m thinking this is going to be heaven.  And in a way I really needed it.  Tuesday I was sick but couldn’t stand the nasty air in the Salt Lake Valley due to the inversion  so I headed to Park City for some fresh air.  It was a nice afternoon and I’ve decided I could live in the mountains.  Wednesday I got a haircut at a great little salon we have found in Clearfield and then headed to Solstice for one more therapy session and an early dinner with Sierra.  Then I drove back to South Jordan for a movie with my sis-in-law.  By the time Thursday rolled around I was very done with alone time.  I’m so happy to be home again with my family. 

 apsaltlakepollution-large ?That is SLC that you can’t see!ORpark_city? Which would you choose?

 

 

If you are  in the Salt Lake/Layton area and need want salon services I highly recommend Cultures.  

And what the cheap?!  I mean like 1/2 what the same services cost here in Columbus!

cultures-blinkie

 

A  cute but very predictable movie.  I’d wait for the DVD if I were you.

Leap Year movie poster

No comments: