Friday, December 19, 2008

New York City-Day 2-Speedwalking and Other Adventures

What a wonderful and inspiring way to start the day! This is one of my very favorite things to do in the city. I love to get up early and be on one of the first ferries out.



WALL-E is that you? We saw this little guy (machine) on the pier.






The red sign says "NO STANDING" People really take that seriously there you know. It's really rare to see anyone standing!


For you fans of "National Treasure" Belinda is standing (against the law in NYC apparently!) "Heere at the Wall" Where Broadway and Wall Street meet. This is also where we met up with our dear friend Tammy McMullin. Let the speedwalking begin!!!






Why do I always have to be surrounded by tiny people?!

I would be the Amazon woman in the middle there!






Belinda loved the architecture. She would really like to live in the city for a while now that she's been there. I'm all for that!





The arch at Washington Square managed to elude me the first three trips. I was not leaving without seeing it this time. Not really that hard to find actually. Go figure.



Just after we found the arch we had to say goodbye to Tammy. We were sad but our feet were ready! She walked us like crazy but we loved every second. We did crash for pizza and to rest our tootsies for a while. See you next year Tammy!








Belinda, looking less nervous than she was. Brave girl! She will tell you now that she is glad she went to the top.








Liberty and Ellis must have made friends with the housekeeping staff! It could have been the tip they were holding in their stuffed little hands when we left that morning, but I prefer to think it was just their good looks and friendly personalities! By the way, I highly recommend the Milford Plaza. This was my third stay with them. Great location just off of Times Square in the theatre district. Great service, a little cheaper, good views, great housekeeping and security.

Things to look forward to on Day 3:


It's Opening Day!?!


standing in line in the rain


protesting the protesters


You Dumb Dumb-Give me gum gum


watching "National Treasure" on tv on the same day we were on the USS Intrepid


"No Mom, I do not think the Naked Cowboy is funny, and I DO NOT want my picture taken with him!"






3 comments:

MCMULLIN FAMILY said...

AMAZING pictures. I loved every one! And are you saying that I walk fast??? I had no idea! I'm so sorry. Note to self for the next time: slow down with friends from Georgia! Can't wait for the next trip.

Lisa said...

See...there is a reason you should always take your Amazonian sister with you to NYC! To stand next to in pictures!!! Next time you shall remember...

Me said...

What a wonderful experience!! What an education and you have given her, no other present can top that. The buildings are amazing and what sites to gaze upon. How fun you were able to see Tammy. As soon as I read the headline I knew who your tour guide was, the speedwalking queen. How I envy her stamina and ya'lls for keeping up with her. The machine does have a wall-e look, how cool!
Belinda, you are brave! I am proud of you! My heart was fluttering just looking at the picture! I would have wanted to go to the top too, but would have developed serious knee & heart problems once reaching the top. I love roller coasters but don't care that they always stop at the top for an eternity, or it feels that way, for you to gaze out and see how far you have to fall. You handled it well or at least handled the flutters well!
Fun memories of mother-daughter bonding which are so needed at this age. I've said it before and I will say it again~ Smart parents!!