Thursday, December 18, 2008

New York City-Day 1

I know it's been awhile since our trip but I've had a few other things to do lately! Anyway, here we are on Day 1-November 6th, 2008.

Belinda enjoying her first cab ride! It was fairly tame, I was a little diappointed actually. I was hoping to get her broken in right away!

After we finally got to the hotel we dropped our stuff and took off. We had delays and cancelled flights to deal with in Atlanta so we got to the city several hours later than I wanted to. That didn't stop us from seeing what we wanted to though. Belinda was in shock I think. She didn't have much to say but her mouth was hanging slightly open and I'm sure her neck was sore for looking up all afternoon.

We decided that we wanted souvenirs that would be special to the two of us so we ended up with animlas from the Build-A-Bear on 5th Ave. They both left wearing "I Heart NY" boxer shorts and we named them Liberty and Ellis.

Things to look forward to on Day 2:
sore feet and new boots
drunk Russian Lionel Ritchie impersonator
Italian purple-hair woman
skipping Ellis Island to nap on the floor of the ferry
speed walking
"Why are we at the top of the Empire State Building if you are afraid of heights? And why didn't you tell me that an hour ago?"

2 comments:

MCMULLIN FAMILY said...

GREAT pictures! Can't wait for more.

Me said...

What fun!! I love it! What a special way to celebrate her birthday! I love it! Go Kim!