Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things

When the dog barks, when the bee stings, when I’m feeling sad…………………

I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feel so bad.

Here are just a few that make me happy right now:

 Mallory’s Cartwheels.  She has just learned this new trick and is upside-down more than she is rightside-up these days.  I love the sound of “Mom, watch this”

IMG_9824 copy

Brantley!  She brings humor to everyday, ordinary situations without even trying. 

IMG_9830

“I am Sam”. (2001)  I’m not sure how this movie got past me.  Look at how little Dakota Fanning is!  And she is amazing in this movie.  As is Sean Penn who I usually avoid like the plague!  Maybe that’s why I never watched it before.  If you have not seen this movie, stop whatever you are doing right now, including reading my blog, and watch it.  If you have Netflix you can watch it instantly.  And you should, watch it instantly, right now!  (Make sure you have a hankie) And just an FYI- the Beatles inspired soundtrack will be on my Ipod ASAP!

i-am-sam

My girl’s best friends.  They all have one.  Goofy, sometimes unpredictable, but always there for them.  They have made good choices.  I love their buddies.

IMG_9832

Orange sandals!   Not just any orange sandals mind you.  These orange sandals from the Clark’s Unstructured line.  They are waiting for me Dillards and will hopefully be mine sooner or later.  My old brown sandals are already unwearable so sooner rather than later would be awesome!  And yes, orange goes with anything brown would go with.  Trust me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Sean Penn is a doofus...but he did an AMAZING job here. To watch this, you really have to forget about "him" and watch the film. This was incredible.

The Crew said...

he did do an AMAZING job in this movie. I did happen to see Milk and was amazed also by his acting ability though enough said about the movie. History is so interesting, my mom told me about that after we watched it. ps-i'm copying this idea for a post!