Wednesday, June 2, 2010

“I've now realized for the first time in my life the vital Importance of Being Earnest”

I love this description of the Oscar Wilde play:

“A Trivial Comedy for Serious People”

And I love the movie version.  Just watched it on Netflix and though it is silly and ultimately makes little sense, it’s got Colin Firth, Rupert Everett, Reese Witherspoon, Frances O’Conner, Tom Wilkerson, and Judy Dench.  What’s not to like with a cast like that?!

earnest

Oh, and just a little something for the yummy factor!

earnest_close

(swoon)

2 comments:

mallory and brad ivey said...

i read this play in high school, and it is a very quick read (maybe 50 pages or so?). anyway, it is one of my favorites. i thought the play was much better about explaining the stories than the movie. if you get the chance, you should read it.

The Harper Family said...

I agree with the swoon. :)