Wednesday, April 7, 2010

This is NOT a Craft Blog.

Although I must admit to a slight obsession with craft blogs.  I love to see what others are doing and creating.  I have intentions to repeat everything I see and yet, I never do.  Something has rubbed off on me though.  I recently purchased a dress off the clearance rack at Old Navy for $1.97.  I thought that if it didn’t fit it would at least make a good night shirt.  I tried it on and decided that I liked it but unfortunately it was a little on the short side.  I wore it that night as the intended night shirt and my dear hubby said “Hey, I like that dress.  Why are you wearing it now?”  *explanation ensues*  Dear hubby says “Why don’t you just add a ruffle or something at the bottom?”    This is what comes from a loving, kind, patient, husband who comes when I call him to say “look at this!” while I am perusing craft blogs.  He said I ought to know how to do it after all the time I spend looking at tutorials for things I never make.  He can be a smart alec but he’s usually right.  So, I give you, the no-longer-too-short, no-longer-$1.97, brown dress: ( Sorry I couldn’t get the model to come back for the second shoot)

Before:

brown dress before

After:

brown dress after

signature-1

6 comments:

The Crew said...

looks pretty crafty to me! love it! way to go on doing it instead of putting it on a list like I do!

Lisa said...

Look at you go. And I love your new header of course!

Jessica said...

oh way cute Kim! I love it! And I'm so the same way. I love reading craft blogs. I do tell myself that I'm going to try to make those things. It just never happens.

MKShelley said...

WOW!!! GO YOU!

Anonymous said...

woaah, that looks really good .

The Harper Family said...

Cute!!