Friday, April 2, 2010

Hypothe-What?

I was in the drive-thru teller line at the bank earlier today.  Brantley was waiting patiently in the back for her lollipop when suddenly from out of the blue she says “Mom, I have a hypothesis.”  *jaw drop*  “Really,” I said, “what is that?”  She then proceeded to explain to me how the vacuum tube system works at the drive-thru.  I had never really thought about it but as she was describing it I realized she was right on.  After I got over how mechanically inclined she is I asked her if she knew what the word ”hypothesis” means.  She says (wait for it) “Yeah, it’s an idea that you can test.”  Exact quote, I swear!  Well, as my very southern Mimi used to say “Smarty had a party!”  I did call Kendall to see if he had been discussing this with her and his jaw hit the floor quicker than my did.  When I asked her where she heard that word she said “Dinosaur Train”.  Love me some PBS Kids!

hypothesis

signature-1

1 comment:

MKShelley said...

WOW! How old is she?? That's insanity! Watch out for that one.. she'll be one of those heartbreaker girls who goes after physics/mechanical engineering degrees instead of boys (that's every parents dream right?)