Thursday, October 9, 2008

I'm Too Sexy for 113th Place!

I completed the Preservation Society 5K on September 30th! When I say completed I mean that I ran the whole darn thing from start to finish. When I say I ran the whole darn thing I mean that I did not walk any part of it! My goal for the race was to not finish last! And, I accomplished that goal. I placed 112th out of 116 which leaves me nowhere to go but up! I'll admit that I could have finished with a faster time if I had walked, there were many flying past me at a brisk walk, but then I could not say that I RAN the whole darn thing could I? So, here I am at Heritage Park downtown at registration with my number, waiting for the race to start, running (or looking like I am falling towards the road) and at the finish line. Dad tried to take the pic of me crossing the line but of course the battery in his camera picked that very moment to die. So the last pic is me "posing" at the finish line after the battery switch still gasping for breath and wondering if I will ever be able to feel my legs again. The nice man behind me can vouch for the actual crossing of the line though! If you really want me to I'm sure I can find out who he is!


5 comments:

Lisa said...

Congrats! I wish I had come to see you run. I didn't know anything about it until Dad got back. Hey...113th place is a lot sexier than sitting on your rear-end!

Rye said...

way to run!!! thanks for your advice

MCMULLIN FAMILY said...

Way to go!! I'm very impressed. Adding a little running to my daily routine, too, and loving it. Up for the St. George marathon with me??

The Harper Family said...

You go girl!!

That is awesome!!

MKShelley said...

Congratulations! I just walked my first 5K! It would have been a run, but I got pneumonia.