Thursday, January 27, 2011

Practice, PRACTICE, practice

It doesn’t matter how you say it, it is the thing that makes you better.

I have just started re-reading “The Digital Photography Book” by Scott Kelby.  I’ve read it many times.  This time I am reading one section at a time and then putting the techniques to use before I move on.

Along with this project I have joined two Flickr groups of photographers.  I will let you know if ever I’m featured but that is not the point.  Mostly I want the comments of others.  So, if you have something to say about any of the photos I post please feel free.  I need the good the bad and the ugly.

perfect imperfection copy

“Perfect Imperfection”

This is how it will go on my black and white photo wall when I paint the foyer:

perfect imperfection bwperfect imperfection copy copy

4 comments:

Genevieve Jones said...

Lovely shot! Although - I think in the black and white, I feel like there should be more white-white. In my black and white photography class it was something I remember my teacher mentioning, there should be a white-white and a black-black somewhere in the composition.. That being said, it's still lovely. What color wall is it gonna go on?

The Starbuck Family said...

So fun for you! I am so inspired that you are dedicated to practicing, I hope that rubs off on me a little=) I like the texture in the first-the black and white is okay, but I agree more white to black spectrum. A great black and white usually comes when there is a wide range of black to white in your picture-this one has mostly midtones in it, so it tends to look a little "muddy" (more gray than white)when it is converted. (I hope that wasn't too harsh) =)I can't wait to see your new wall of pictures and paint in your foyer.
I look forward to seeing more!!

Kim Ence said...

Thanks Ladies. I agree about the black and white. Just trying out a combination of textures...Ill post it one more time the other one I liked. I think it will fit the bill a bit better. Come back and let me know what you think.

Genevieve Jones said...

I don't remember there being two black and white ones the first time I saw this... The second one looks nice - I think because it's lighter with the vintage thing - you really get the "I'm-just-a-slightly-faded-vintage-photo" vibe. :)