Sunday, January 23, 2011

Playing around….

Practicing a bit with shooting a backlit subject.  I’ve heard so many instructions on how to do it but I need it kept simple.

Best advice I ever heard was this:

Get close to your subject, meter on their face, step back and focus, shoot.  Works every time.

This is straight out of the camera, no editing.  I’m not loving the sunflare on her shirt, I was a little close and cold and she was bored!  Basically I was not paying attention.  But, it’s a sweet kind of light.  You only get it a couple of times each day.  The sun can seem so harsh, but you can use it to your advantage for soft tones like these.

This is the only shot I got.  She’s FAST!

IMG_4958

 

This would be the little girls playing around with the wireless shutter release on a rainy day!

They nailed the white balance!  Composition could use a little work though……

IMG_4933

No comments: