Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Sierra

I had such a good time with Sierra and Belinda on Sunday afternoon. The weather was beautiful, maybe a little on the cool side. I had found some great locations that I wanted to try and they were willing models. I love the softness of the first two pics of Sierra. I also love the edginess of the third one in the sunshine. I'm not sure how to pull that off exactly though. Any thoughts? Monae? :) I didn't edit it as I wanted to get some feedback on the exposure as-is.




4 comments:

Lisa said...

Sierra, your hair is so pretty!!!

The Starbuck Family said...

Lisa, I was just thinking the same thing. Gorgeous hair, gorgeous girl.
Kim, these pictures are really beautiful. You should be proud of yourself. I agree, I do love the softness of the first two. I would say they are a tad underexposed, but not bad at all. It's tricky because the bright light behind her might really blow out if you exposed anymore.
I do love the brightness of the last one. The trouble with bright overhead sun in the afternoon is the harsh shadows, but since she is looking down you kind of avoid that with the exception of right under her chin. You may be able to select that in photoshop and just lighten up that area.
I'd love to see you try this shot in the early evening when you get that great setting sun light so you won't get shadows under her eyes or chin, but you could position her so you would get more shadows coming from the side. It would define her face and make for a really moody/artistic/musician type picture. It would be great. It reminds me of an album cover.
I also love the tilt of the right picture. Tilts are tough to pull off sometimes and this is an excellent example. Not too much, but enough to add a little something. It's great!

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

Love these shots!

Me said...

I love these! I do think that out of all the girls you & Sierra look more alike. Love these!