Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The ZOO!


We finally made it back to the zoo. See the sign? That's proof!



First things first of course, we had to have our picnic as soon as we got there!



Notice the white tiger to the left of Megan's head. It was hot that day and the animal's were sleepy so not much movement. (from the animals that is, the girl's were full of energy!)




A ride on the train. The first of two rides actually.




The picture above shows the most common of the animal observing poses, however, the picture below was my personal favorite. I'm not sure what they were looking at down there but it must have been interesting!


We loved the elephants. They have a new baby and it was adorable.




Popsicle break!! They needed it. Notice the too cute red cheeks?


The lion was so kind as to pose for a photo with the girls.



This one's for Kendall. For a wedding gift he got me a beautiful stuffed otter because they reminded him of me. Hmmmmmmmmm, I'm not sure I see it.


As if to emphasize the point the jaguar gave a us a peek at his teeth. It's not like we doubted the counsel to stay back or anything. (he was actually just yawning the big baby!)

Crocs!

Okay, I know it's an alligator, just humor me a little please!


Ferocious caged beasts!





As you can tell, after four long, hot hours I was happy to see that sign!





This was taken about 5 minutes after we left my Mimi's house. I got them fed and bathed and jammied and I did not hear a peep from either of them until the next day!
It was great fun! Thanks Brantley and Megan for a wonderful day! I love you both!


3 comments:

Lisa said...

What a fun day!! I can't believe you stayed there four hours! You are a trooper, I'm sure you wished you could sleep the whole way home too! Thanks for taking Megan. She loved it!

Nanabee said...

This was PRECIOUS. How did you manage to get those two little girls to pose so perfectly - and even in their sleep!

MKShelley said...

How old are all of your girls now? This is Melissa Shelley (LaPierre) by the way.