Monday, September 8, 2008

Committed..... I really probably should be!



So, I sent in my registration form and check to the Historic District Preservation Society today. I am committed to run this 5K race on the 27th of this month. That means I have to train hard and actually be able to run a 5K by then! I should have reached that point two weeks ago actually but an unforseen illness (how many illnesses are forseen?) put me off of my training quite a bit and I am playing catch up. If you see me in the next couple of weeks please nag me about my running. Ask me how it's going. It really helps me to be accountable to as many peeps as possible. I am keeping a daily log on the right side of my blog as well.
I cannot wait to be able to post a photo of me with a race number pinned to my shirt!!!

4 comments:

Me said...

KIM!! That is AMAZING!! You ROCK! Eerr.. RUN!! Congrats! You CAN do it!! Good luck, though you won't need it!

mallory and brad ivey said...

kim! it's great to see that you found my blog--i loved reading all of your old posts to catch up with you guys! i promise that you'll know as soon as important flight plans need to be made, but i still dont know when that will be. your kids look great and so do you! and it is AWESOME that you are running a 5k! i cant even run to my car without running out of breath up here in the mountains! let me know how things are doing, okay? (oh, and just fyi...i love that you love Ace of Cakes. one day i want to have the Abby cake with different colors. you should check it out just in case ;).)

Lisa said...

Yes, amazing. Keep it up!! I'll be cheering you on from inside the covers of my bed.

The Harper Family said...

How did it go????