Saturday, May 9, 2009

RANT-Viewer discretion is advised!

Okay, you will NEVER convince me that the Pre-K lottery is the fairest way to place children in the program until there is some preference given to how long you have lived in Muscogee County (therefore paying large amounts of property taxes to build the schools for said program) and how many times you have registered a child.  Either I really am the unluckiest person on the planet and it’s a good thing I don’t gamble, or someone has put a curse on our family.  Sure, give me gifted and socially advanced children (not JUST bragging, they have all been placed in the gifted program) and then don’t allow a single one of them to start Pre-K and get the stimulation and education that they are craving (let alone not letting them ride the big yellow school bus with their big sisters).    I am P.O.’d in case you hadn’t noticed as I just got the letter today saying sorry, but you’re on the waiting list.  I think the waiting list SUCKS!  And I am not going to pay $100 a month for a stupid three day a week for three hours pre-school.  We’ve been doing preschool for two freaking years already.  I love Brantley dearly.  I am not anxious to get rid of her for the day.  I am only aware that she is bored.  With me, with being at home, with watching her sisters leave every morning for 7 hours.  And yes, I AM ready to have all of my children at school.  The longer we wait to get Brantley in school the more likely I am to start thinking I should have another baby.  That is a BAD idea.  I’m fat enough.  So, if your kid got in, goody for you.  Most people I know get in the first and every time they try.  Just don’t tell me about it for a good month or so at least.  After five failed attempts I am not in the mood to be gracious about it.  I will be calling the Pre-K office first thing on Monday morning.  If Brantley has even a fighting chance on the waiting list it will be a miracle and the first time for any of our kids, but I’ll let you know.  Come to think of it, maybe the Bishop should make that call.  Not sure I can be civil anymore.  Thanks though, if you read this far, I don’t feel much better but my blood pressure has gone down just a bit.  Let me know if you want to order a shirt, though I’m sure you don’t because all of your kids got in.

T shirt

3 comments:

The Crew said...

thanks for the rant. makes me feel normal for losing it over things that just make me mad!

Karen said...

I feel your pain. That's how Max ened up at Hannan, because it was the only school left. Luckily, it worked for us. Then it was really funny how they called me up in February when Max made it to the top of the waiting list for the neighborhood school and tried to convince me to switch. Like switching a 4/5 year old in FEBRUARY is a good thing?? I think it should be come first serve. Sure March 1st everyone would be camping out, but then it would be over with! So sorry:(

Me said...

Rant it baby!! I don't blame you for being upset. I want to add that as a paying tax member of that county, maybe it is time to look at the books and see how many children who are accepted in parents actually PAY taxes!! Just a thought.